Thursday, December 27, 2012

NFL Lists - Top Ten Worth the Price of Admission


NFL MRMORIES
Worth the Price of Admission

I have a friend who lives in the Washington D.C. area.  His wife bought him tickets to the Redskins/Cowboys game this weekend for Christmas.  I remarked to him that must have been an expensive stocking-stuffer.  First, the Redskins sell out every home game so tickets are always scarce.  Second, the game with Dallas this weekend decides who wins the NFC East so the demand for tickets would be much higher than normal.

My friend replied, "Well, I am sure they were pricey.  That's OK, RGIII is worth the price of admission." 

I had to agree with him.  We pay to watch superlative athletes because of their rare skills.  Even among all the great athletes in the NFL, certain players jump off the gridiron canvas for their artistry/power/speed/strength/determination/flare for the dramatic.  It got me to thinking about which players I have seen that were truly worth the price of admission.  Here then is my list of the top ten NFL players I would pay to watch play.  They may not have been the greatest technicians or won the most games, but they are the guys most likely to bring a fan out of his/her seat (at least this fan).

10) Dan Marino - The perfect release and maybe the game's best pure passer
9) Ronnie Lott - Played with a combination of smarts and ferocity that few have ever matched
8) O.J. Simpson - before the white Bronco, O.J. was the best glide, cut and burst runner of them all
7) Randy Moss - The game came so easy to him that he wasted much his gift - but when he was on......
6) Barry Sanders - Always one step away from a highlight.  Probably broke more ankles and embarrassed more would-be tacklers than any player in history
5) Chris Doleman - The fastest rush end I ever saw --
4) Mike Haynes - I think he was the smoothest, best cover corner ever
3) John Elway - Elusive, cannon arm, a comeback waiting to happen
2) Lawrence Taylor - I think he scared opposing teams.  Power, speed, and volatility
1) Bo Jackson - Best mix of bash and dash  - and it was just a part time gig.  Comic book hero exploits - Bo Knows

No comments:

Post a Comment