Saturday, December 15, 2012

NFL Predictions - Week Fifteen


WEEK FIFTEEN PREDICTIONS

XENA AND TANNER CHEW ON THE WEEK’S BIG GAME















Week fifteen features the best set of match ups on the season.  There are six games between teams with winning records and all have playoff implications.  We love a challenge so we will tackle all six games.

Giants@Falcons - The Falcons need this game to restore some confidence.  The Giants need the game for more pressing reasons - namely to stay ahead of the Redskins and Cowboys in the NFC East.  I can't purge from my mind how badly the Giants manhandled the Birds in last year's playoffs.  I know that game was in New York -- but I am still waiting for the Falcons to convince me they are an NFC frontrunner.  Giants in a "Pick'em" kind of game.

Broncos@Ravens - Both teams battling to get a higher seed in the AFC playoffs -- though the Ravens also still need to lock down the division.  A real test for the Broncos who can't remember the last time they had a significant late season road win.  The Ravens own the Broncos in Baltimore.  Manning has owned the Ravens everywhere.  Broncos do just enough to extend winning break to nine.

Packers @ Bears - The Packers can lock up the NFC North with a win.  Should they lose the division is really up for grabs.  I think Clay Matthews return to Packer lineup is huge (if the rumors are true).  I like the Packers in a 21-14 type of game.

Colts@Texans - This is a great test for the young Colts to face an embarrassed Texans team at home.  I think the Texans will find a way to throw considerable pressure at rookie QB Luck.  Texans will wrap up the division with the win as they dominate on the ground.

Pittsburgh@ Dallas - The Cowboys never make things easy.  I think a physical Steeler team limits the effectiveness of the Cowboy running game and forces Romo to carry the load.  On Steeler side I look for Mike Wallace to have a big game as Steelers mix in some deeper passes.  The Cowboys actually need the game more as the Steelers can still control own destiny if they lose.  I like the Steelers though in a 27-17 type of game.

49ers@Patriots - The Pats will not Texan the Niners -- Formidable Niner pressure will force Brady to deliver shorter passes and limit the productivity of the New England running game.  Still, I don't think the mediocre Niner offense can match points with the Pats unless they get some easy scores curtesy of special teams or defense.  I like the Pats something like 24-14.


No comments:

Post a Comment