Saturday, November 24, 2012

NFL Predictions - Week Twelve


WEEK TWELVE PREDICTIONS

XENA AND TANNER CHEW ON THE WEEK’S BIG GAME















Fresh off a 4-0 week we take a 20-12 record into week twelve.  The four games this week are about as intriguing a mix as we have had all year.  The lines on these games run from "toss'up" between the Ravens and the Chargers to Giants giving three points at home against the Packers.  They are all snug and nothing would surprise me in these four games.  That is what makes it fun.

Niners@Saints - Every game is a must game for the Saints as they seek to keep their playoff hopes alive after an 0-4 start.  Jim Harbaugh still playing it annoyingly coy about whether Smith or Kaepernick will start.  I hope he starts Kapernick because:  1) I like to watch him play and 2) I like controversy. Harbaugh sets himself up for the Monday morning QBs if he starts Kapernick and he bombs.  I actually don't think it matters who the Niners play.  I think the Saints win a close, 
high scoring game.


Falcons @ Bucs - Remember back when everybody thought Buc Coach Greg Schiano was a tool after "victory formation gate"?  Well, now he is starting to get a little respect.  Bucs have turned into a big play offensive force that can move the ball by land and by air.  Falcons seem to be going through a little mid season malaise.  I like the Bucs to keep the hot hand in a 30-27 kind of game.

Ravens @ Chargers -- This game will go one of two ways.  The Chargers pack it in and roll over and lose like 30-3.  The Chargers play with some pride, give the struggling Ravens offense fits, and win a close game.  I am voting for the second scenario.  Chargers take down the Ravens.

Packers @ Giants - How will ELi and company emerge from their bye week?  Should they lose, both the Cowboys and The Redskins will be just a game back in a suddenly putrid NFC East.  I have no clue what to expect from the Giants.  For that reason the safer bet for me is to think Aaron Rogers will get a little revenge for the butt-kicking the Giants gave the Pack in last year's playoff meeting.  I like the Packers to win something in the 28-17 variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment